It’s the time of year for ticks…and lots of them around my place! Even with chickens roaming around the yard, pecking at everything they can, ticks are still making their way to my girls.
When bitten by a tick, it’s important to remove the entire tick to help protect against disease. Some of the diseases ticks can carry (depending on the tick):
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
- Tickborne Relasping Fever
- Place a few drops of tea tree oil on cotton ball
- Hold cotton ball over tick for at least 60 seconds. This helps the tick to let go easier.
- Remove tick as close to the head as possible with tweezers
- After tick is removed, place another drop of tea tree oil on bite to prevent infection
Another thing you can do is to tape the cotton ball containing tea tree oil over the tick and leave it for 30 minutes. The oil shuts off the ticks breathing pores and makes it let go. This is an even safer way to ensure that the entire tick is removed.
Jill is a Christian and has been married to her dear husband for 11
years. She’s a homeschool mom of 4 and is thankful for the grace and mercy God bestows on her moment by moment of her daily life. One of
her passions is reading and researching about health and home remedies, and sharing with others the knowledge she gains. You canfind her blogging at Jill’s Home Remedies.
Edifying family films…