I am breaking away from my normal Psalms for the Lord’s Day, to share a passage that has blessed my heart over and over. I will share a few thoughts after the quote…
1And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan’s sake?
2And there was of the house of Saul a servant whose name was Ziba. And when they had called him unto David, the king said unto him, Art thou Ziba? And he said, Thy servant is he.
3And the king said, Is there not yet any of the house of Saul, that I may shew the kindness of God unto him? And Ziba said unto the king, Jonathan hath yet a son, which is lame on his feet.
4And the king said unto him, Where is he? And Ziba said unto the king, Behold, he is in the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, in Lodebar.
5Then king David sent, and fetched him out of the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, from Lodebar.
6Now when Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, was come unto David, he fell on his face, and did reverence. And David said, Mephibosheth. And he answered, Behold thy servant!
7And David said unto him, Fear not: for I will surely shew thee kindness for Jonathan thy father’s sake, and will restore thee all the land of Saul thy father; and thou shalt eat bread at my table continually.
8And he bowed himself, and said, What is thy servant, that thou shouldest look upon such a dead dog as I am?…
… 13So Mephibosheth dwelt in Jerusalem: for he did eat continually at the king’s table; and was lame on both his feet.
Today we celebrated the Lord’s Supper at our church. It is always a time of great reflection and pondering for me. And I love to think of this passage.
- I am Mephibosheth and the Lord Jesus is the King
- I am lame on both feet (I can do NOTHING towards my salvation or acceptance with God.)
- For Jesus sake I am called to sit at the table (not any of my own works, not even my faith, but ALL is of Jesus.)
- The Lord calls me, in His mercy, by name to sup with Him…and shows me undeserved kindness. Don’t you hear it when you read the passage, it is so beautiful…”Mephibosheth.”
- My response must be “Behold thy servant”.
- I must bow…and worship.
Women Living Well, Women of Noble Character, Soli Deo Gloria Sisterhood, Simply Homemaking, Titus2sdays, Domestically Divine,Teach me Tuesdays