Spring is in the air and that means very soon blueberry season will be in full force! It’s time for blueberry cobbler! Blueberries are not just naturally sweet and delicious, they are also a superfood! They are nutritious, antioxidant-rich, and have been shown to do everything from enhance brain health to keep your heart strong. They are also low enough in natural sugar to be used in a THM – S setting (up to 1/2 cup!) which make them a perfect fit for this blueberry cobbler recipe!
Start by adding the lemon juice and xanthan gum to a bowl of fresh or frozen berries. The xanthan gum will make the juice that cooks out of your berries perfectly thickened!
In a separate bowl, mix the Baking Blend, Gentle Sweet, and egg whites until it resembles a course meal.
Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the berries and drizzle over the melted butter.
Baked up to golden perfection…
Blueberries and cream is definitely the way to go here and I used my Pampered Chef Whipped Cream Maker to make up some fantastic low-carb cream in just 60 seconds.
Okay, I know you’re ready for the full recipe – this is quick and easy to make and I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
Blueberry Cobbler (THM – S)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup THM Baking Blend
- 1/3 cup THM Gentle Sweet
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon liquid egg white (or 1 whole egg)
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
Freshly Whipped Cream (THM – S)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon THM Gentle Sweet
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8″ square dish with coconut oil spray.
- Toss berries, lemon juice, and xanthan gum in a small bowl and pour into prepared baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix THM Baking Blend, THM Gentle Sweet, and egg whites until it resembles a course meal. Sprinkle over berry mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter over the crumb mixture.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Fresh berries may not take as long, so keep an eye on it.
- While your cobbler is baking, whip up your cream with the sweetener and vanilla in the Pampered Chef Whipped Cream Maker.
- Let the cobbler cool and set up for about 15 minutes and then serve warm with prepared whipped cream. ENJOY!
Jessica is a Christian homeschooling mom of five and married to her knight in shining armor for over 20 years. She loves to share her recipes while managing the huge THM online community. She personally uses Pampered Chef in her kitchen and you can find her website HERE. Some of the links in her recipes may contain affiliate links to products she uses and loves. If you make a purchase, using these links, she’ll earn coffee money, which she promises to drink while creating more recipes that you’ll love.
16 Replies to “Blueberry Cobbler (THM – S)”
Would this also be gluten-free? Thanks, sounds great!
Hi Kisti, yes, this is naturally gluten free. The THM Baking Blend is a great flour mix!
Okay, I thought so, just confirming!
Is there anything I can replace the xanthem gum with? I’ve just started on THM & am very intimidated by some ingredients
Hi Clair! You can just leave out the xanthan gum! No worries – it’s really optional. 🙂
Just made these and probably only waited 5 minutes to start eating them.. so yummy! Definitely my new favorite THM style dessert.
Wow – that is a great compliment – thank you! 😀
This just made the top of the list as my favorite THM dessert! I was craving blueberry pie, and this hit the spot. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!
Thank you so much! I love that you enjoyed it! Happy Thanksgiving!
Can I make this 4 servings?
How do you make the whip cream if you don’t have the pampered chief whip cream maker?
Hi Jeanette, you can just whip some heavy cream, sweetener, and vanilla with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
For the “1/4 cup + 1 TB egg whites (or 1 whole egg),” does that mean:
~ 1/4 cup + 1 whole egg, or
~ 1 whole egg and no egg whites
I was looking for a blueberry cobbler! Thank you! Delish!
Have you tried this with any other berries? Raspberries perhaps?
Yes, this works with any fruit or berry. 🙂