Are you a textbook mom? Are you a unit study mom? I can remember as a young girl my mom seeking out the best curriculum to give my sister and I the best education that would fit with our family. As one of those mothers who is fun and creative unit studies were a great option. However what little was out there was overwhelming and time consuming to say the least.
When I met Sharon and her husband from Homeschool Legacy, I caught their excitement in what they had done for the homeschool world! They have created once a week unit studies for the whole family that are clear, concise, easy to use and fun! Topical unit studies that are simply laid out could not get any easier!
Each booklet can be purchased separately or you can purchase bundles, based on your famiy’s interests and needs. The copy that I chose from Homeschool Legacy was the Unit Study called Birds of a Feather.
This particular one is a four-week study. Designed to do once a week for grades 2-12 everything is laid out simply for me. Just look at what my particular book has in it:
- Enjoy family devotionals revolving around God’s awesome creation and His amazing care and attention to detail
- Children choose from a wide variety of quality, library reading selections that focus on backyard birds, bird identification, the science of ornithology, and birds of prey
- Enjoy classic family read-alouds
- Set up a bird feeding habitat with simple homemade bird feeders, a bird bath, and bird food concoctions
- Create and maintain a nature journal
- Meet a famous scientist and artist
- Learn to identify a variety of species
- Explore ornithology and the science of flight with some simple science experiments
- Have fun with art
- Learn about migration
- Discover birds of prey
- Creative language assignments
- Educational, family field trips
- Family Movie Nights that revolve around your study of birds
- Have some fun with “Stump Your Dad Trivia!”
- Do you have a Boy Scout in your family? He will earn his Bird Study Merit Badge while completing his unit study assignments
- American Heritage Girls earn Our Feathered Friends Badge.
With many subjects such as horses, weather, knights and nobles, early settlers, the constitution, etc, you will find just what you want for a fun addition to your learning at home!
Also, along with being a detailed homeschool curriculum, the Homeschool Legacy Unit Studies also fulfill the requirements for Boy Scouts and American Heritage Girls.
I am so excited to tell you that Homeschool Legacy is giving away a free unit study of your choice to one of my readers!
So have fun entering below! This giveaway will be for five days so spread the word!
Homeschool Legacy Unit Studies–start joining in on making your whole family enjoy learning this year!