In our last post we focused on decluttering your room. Doesn’t it feel good? If you need more time to declutter, that’s ok. Go through these steps at your own pace. Encourage yourself that you are making progress!
Now on to getting rid of those dust bunnies that have been sitting there for years.
Step 2: Deep clean your room
- *Set your timer for 30 minutes.
- If it is a pretty day open your windows.
- Put on your favorite music and your cleaning shoes.
- Start at the top of your room and work down.
- Grab a broom and dust the cobwebs out of the corners of your room’s ceilings.
- Dust your ceiling fan, lights and tops of bookshelves.
- If you are not going to be using your existing curtains take them down.
- Wash your windows and window sills.
- Wash your baseboards
- Now take a break to drink some water and sit down and rest a few minutes.
- *Set your timer for another 30 minutes.
- Dust your furniture
- Polish any furniture you would like and wash any mirrors.
- Now vacuum/and or mop your floor.
Step back and look at your shiny room that has recently been decluttered, is clean and ready to spruce up!
*Special thanks to
Large Family Logistics
for the timer idea!
Now begins the fun part.. next step: Decorate your haven!