Today Jennifer Ross from Renewing Housewives is guest posting for us…
Buy This Allposters.com
There is so much I am thankful for when it comes to my children and how we educate them.
- I am thankful for time with them all day every day. Not just a few hours in the evening.
- I am thankful that I know what they are learning (and not learning!).
- I am thankful to see my older children helping out with some of the teaching of the younger.
- I am thankful that my husband and I have their hearts.
- And I am thankful that all but the youngest ones have been redeemed, and that I see proof that they are actually seeking the Lord in their daily lives!
I am thankful that right now my older sons are outside helping their Dad build a shop on ourland, during school hours.
And thankful that my daughters are sitting next to me, literally singing to the Lord and laughing together, much like “best friends” would do.
I am blessed. But only because of Him.
I am thankful. But only because of Him.
Home schooling a large family has it ‘s challenges to be sure! But the blessings? They far out-weigh any disadvantages. Being that we are in a season of Thankfulness, it is a good time to remember how the Lord cares for your family in the area of education.
It is also good time to tell Him of your thankfulness. Thankful for home schooling and thankful for all the blessings He has given you.
“And you will say in that day: “Give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name, make known His deedsamong the peoples, proclaim that His name is exalted. “Sing praises to the Lord, for He has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.” Isaiah 12:4-5
Jennifer is the cherished wife of a very visionary man, and a home schooling mother to almost a dozen children. Her deepest desire is to consistently love her husband and children, and to be a diligent and joyful keeper at home. Her favorite pastime is to encourage fellow housewives in their highest calling of wife and mother. When she’s not creating Homemaking DVDs or hosting webinars, she can be found blogging at Renewing Housewives.